A silent, fantasy comic of a clan’s girl
and an orphan boy learning about their
world and life lessons as young children do.
February 2017, next binge post.
I had a slow start at the beginning. Trained as a painter. Later became a sequential artist so my thought was that the initial learning curve would be short and I could quickly come to a routine and post every week. That is far from what happened. There were many obstacles I had to overcome.
- Relearn watercolor
- Learn new medium, gouache
- “Student” versus “professional” grade paints, paper and brushes
- Supply cost, high
- Design world with predominately, crystalline features which is completely made up and requires more thought and design.
- Become more comfortable with creature characters
- Setup and finished off website with light coding in WordPress theme, ComicPress. Not prefect but works for now.
- Designed, painted and posted 19 paintings
- The medium and material continually challenges me
New Business plan
From singular postings to one yearly, binge post (What I wanted to do from the beginning but circumstances at the time had me choose otherwose. During December, I committed #1 webcomic crime, missing my first post which allowed me to go back to my original plan. Very happy).